Conference (Christian) participants can book affordable accommodation at the Bishops House (Pastoral Centre) Abakaliki at the rate of N2,500 to N3,500 per night.
Muslim Participants can stay at the Muslim Community centre guest-house at the rate of N3,000 to N3,500 per night.
Local transportation to and fro the both places cost between N50-N70 to the Conference venue.
Please budget about N500 for your transportation within the Abakaliki town throughout the conference periods (From the motor park to the conference venue and back to your accommodation places).
Theme: Building Effective, Accountable and Inclusive Institutions to Achieve Sustainable Development
This event is a multi-disciplinary conference and will once again provide a forum for sharing of ideas, presentation of research findings, and discussion of professional issues relevant to Sustainable Development. The Conference is scheduled to hold from 28th – 29th March, 2018 at San-Diego Hotels, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State Nigeria. We are proud to welcome you once more to the beautiful rice producing state, one of the safest towns in Southeast Nigeria.
You can download the conference flyer here or, use download link at the end of this page for easy download.
Distinguished speakers during the Conference;
This conference expects to welcome participants and experts from various fields of study among which include:
- Bright Justus, Ph.D, Professor of Leadership and Management, College of Business and Management, Colorado Tech University United States.
- Solomon Nyaanga, Ph.D, Professor of Marketing and Management Sciences, Cotsakos College of Business Williams Paterson University, New Jersey, United States.
- Christian Ehiobuche, Ph.D, Professor of Global business and Management Science, Larry L. Luing School of Business, Berkeley College, United States.
- Florence Anoruo, Ph.D, Professor of Biology and Environmental Science, South Carolina State University, USA.
- Ekwealor Chinedu Thomas, Ph.D, School of Social Sciences, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Chizoba” Dr. Zee” Madueke (Ph.D), Principal Consultant and Professor of Research, Management & Leadership, University of Phoenix, United States
- Gloria Davy, Ph.D, Professor of Public Health and Social Sciences, School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Berkeley College NJ . United States.
- Enninful, Ebenezer Kofi (PhD), Graphic Design Technology Department, Takoradi Technical University, Ghana
- Frank Ikenna Nwabue (Ph.D), Former Head of Department, Industrial Chemistry, Ebonyi State University, Nigeria
- Sunday Mlanga, Ph.D, Head of Department, Accountancy, Business and Finance, Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, Nigeria.
- And Others.
The conference will feature:
- Expert Group Meeting on Issues and Challenges of Academic Research in Nigeria.
- Keynote Speeches
- Technical Sessions
- Paper presentations
- Professional Development Workshops
- Poster Presentations
- Pre-conference Programmes
- Training on academic research papers writing and accessing research funding/grants etc.
Conference Areas of Interest
Socio-Cultural Sustainability, Financial Sustainability, Environmental Sustainability, Agricultural Sustainability and Education
Call for Papers
We invite papers that address the following:
- Socio-Cultural Sustainability: (Sustainable Urbanism, Human Development, Psychology, Sociology, Gender equality).
- Financial Sustainability (SMEs, Ending Poverty, Unemployment Reduction, MicroFinance, International Business/ Trade, Local Investments, Entrepreneurship and Skills Development, Economic Sustainability, International Relations/ Politics).
- Environmental Sustainability (Water and Soil Conservation, Healthcare Services and Programmes, Renewable Energies, Food and Environmental Legislation, Disease Control Measures, Water and Sanitation, Waste Recycling etc.).
- Agricultural Sustainability: (Jobs Creation, Ending Hunger, Management of Farm Produce, Food Security, Empowering Farmers, Impact of Imported Foods, Irrigation Problems, Food Processing, Emerging Issues in Agricultural Development).
- Education: (Curriculum Development/ Evaluation, Management and Supervision of Educational Programmes, Instructional Delivery System, Emerging Issues in Education and Practice, Inclusive Education/ classroom).
Abstracts must be in one of the following format:
Research Focus, Practice Focus and Theory Focus
Authors wishing to present papers during the conference should email their abstracts or full papers latest 20th January, 2018 to email@example.com
All abstracts/ full papers should get to the organizers of the conference on or before
28th January, 2018. We have extended the Abstract Submission Deadline to 18th February, 2018.
Publishing of Presented Papers
Authors wishing to publish their presented papers are advised to submit their full paper after the conference for review and publication in any of our Journals. Please note that all papers must be checked for plagiarism before peer-reviews.
Few Reasons to attend the 4th International Conference;
- Have opportunity to interact and share research ideas with top scholars in a truly academic conference;
- Present your research findings before professionals and learn hidden secrets about academic paper publishing;
- Have a chance to participate in Expert Group Meeting (free event) on the 27th of March, 2018 and listen to research experts dissect everything about academic research/ grant and publishing;
- Have opportunity to collaborate with scholars from other countries on research projects;
- Join our research network, support and mentor young scholars and let your voice be heard.
- Explore the small beautiful rice producing city of Abakaliki; one of the safest towns in Southeast Nigeria.
If you would love to participate in Expert Group Meeting on Academic Research in Nigeria, please visit here to participate.
Some of the Accepted Papers for Presentation During the Conference.
Paper : The Skill Gap between Printing Education and Printing Industry in Ghana
Presenter: Ebenezer Kofi Enninful, Department of Graphic Design Technology, Takoradi Technical University, Ghana.
Paper: Correlation between Non-Payment of Teachers’ Salary and Students’ Academic Performance in Mathematics in Oyo State
Presenters: OLASESAN O. O, AKAJE T. W and AKINBO B. J, Department of General Studies in Education (Mathematics Unit) and Department of Mathematics, Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
Paper: Influence of Mathematics Anxiety on Attitude towards Mathematics among Students with Mathematics Difficulties in Secondary Schools in Ilorin Metropolis, Kwara State Nigeria
Presenter: Adedayo Adesokan (Ph.D), Department of Special Education, College of Education, Kwara State University, Malete.
Paper: Understanding the need to incorporate behavioural intelligence into entrepreneurship curriculum
Presenter: Bright Justus, Ed.D. Professor of Leadership and Management, College of Business and Management, Colorado Tech University USA.
Paper: The Conundrum of Institutions Aiding Education in Nigeria
Presenters: Dr. Ekwealor Chinedu Thomas and Dr. Khondlo Mtshali, School of Social Sciences,
University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Paper: Effect and Remedies of Divorce on the Adolescent Academic Deficiencies in Secondary Schools as Expressed by Teachers in Kwara State
Presenter: Basheer Saliu, Head of Mathematical Department, Karumo Secondary School, Ilorin
Paper: Technology and Entrepreneurship at Crossroad: a Kenyan
Presenter: Solomon Nyaanga, Ph.D, Professor of Marketing and Management Sciences, Cotsakos College of Business Williams, Paterson University, New Jersey, USA
Paper: Assessing the Need for Entrepreneurship Skilled Teachers for Sustainable National Development in Nigeria
Presenter: Ikati Lawrence, Dept: of Vocational/Technology Education, Faculty of Education, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Amassoma, Bayelsa State, Nigeria
Paper: The Need for ICT in Adult Education for Socio-Economic Development in Maiduguri, Borno State
Presenters: Andrew Itodo and Ojo Oluwasesan, Department of Computer Science, Umar Ibn Elkanemi College of Education, Science and Technology, Bama, Borno State, Nigeria.
Paper: Water Depletion and Farmers/Herdsmen conflict in North-east Nigeria 2010-2016
Presenter: Idama, Supreme Oghenerobo, Ph.D. Department of Political Science Faculty of the Social Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Paper: Responses of Maize (Zea mays L.) and Pearl Millet [Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R. Br ] under progressive drought stress condition
Presenters: Odjegba, J. V., Department of Botany, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos State.
Alam, A., Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Banasthali University, Rajasthan, India
Iwuala, E. N., Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology, Federal University OyeEkiti, Ekiti State,
Paper: Local Lateritic Interlocking Block Technology for Sustainable Industrialization in the Housing Development Scheme in Nigeria
Presenter: Kure Aliyu Maaji, Department of Building Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru
Paper: The Curriculum of Islamic Studies and Sustainable Development
Presenter: Kareem Azeez Olawale, Department of Islamic Studies, Tai Solarin College of Education, Omu-Ijebu
Paper: African Values and Institutional Reform for Sustainable Development in Africa
Presenter: Gabriel Asuquo, Academic Instructor/Advisor, Nigerian Army Chaplain (RC) Training School, Ojo-Lagos
Paper: Comparative Effectiveness of Demonstration and Inquiry Methods of Teaching Biology in Senior Secondary Schools in Maiduguri Metropolis, Borno State
Presenters: Mohammed Adamu and Alhaji Modu Isa, Department of Curriculum and instructional technology, Kashim Ibrahim College of Education Maiduguri
Paper: Gender Differences in Emotional Adjustment of Fresher Students
in Kwara State University Malete, Kwara State, Nigeria
Presenter: Usman Tunde Saadu, Department of Early Childhood and Primary Education,
Kwara State University, Maalete, Nigeria
Paper: Guidance Counsellors: It’s Role in Addressing Emerging Issues in Special Education in Nigeria
Presenter: Oyebade Mary Rejoice Omonzele, Federal College of Education (Tech), Asaba, Delta State – Nigeria
Paper: Assessment of Real Estate Investment Activities of Insurance Companies in Nigeria
Presenters: Mohammed Danlami Inuwa, Jamila Usman and Adamu Jibrin Muhammad
Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru
Paper: Industrial Pollution, a Barrier to Growth and Development in Nigeria
Presenter: Zainab Abdulkarim Ringim, Department of General Studies Education (G.S.E), School of Education, Federal College of Education Kano